SHAMBHALA CENTER LEADERSHIP
The following contact information is provided to facilitate more meaningful and direct communication within our organization and the broader community. If you have questions, concerns, feedback or ideas, please feel free to contact the appropriate person or department.
Ashley Hodson, Executive Director – email@example.com
Jenny Guth, Operations Assistant – firstname.lastname@example.org
Travis DeTour, Finance and Registrar – email@example.com
SHAMBHALA MEDITATION CENTER of BOSTON GOVERNING COUNCIL
The Governing Council oversees the strategic vision and policies of the Shambhala Center.
Ashley Hodson – Executive Director and Council Chair – firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Cousineau – Dorje Kasung Representative – email@example.com
Charles Styron – Chagdzö
Caitlin Smith – Member at Large
Elizabeth Latchis – Representative of the Office of Culture and Decorum – firstname.lastname@example.org
Martina Bouey – Co-Director of Societal Health and Well-Being
Mary Coonan – Co-Director of Societal Health and Well-Being
Kathy Vieweg – Head of Development
Tom Ericsson – Secretary
COORDINATORS AND STAFF CORPS
Staffing Coordinator, Kristine Coughlin – email@example.com
Assitant Director (Shambhala Training) Coordinator, Sarah Kimball
Meditation Instructor Coordinator, Bryan Mendiola – firstname.lastname@example.org
Housing Coordinator, Joe Snowdon – email@example.com
Audio Visual, Keith Huston
Heart of Recovery Coordinators, John Ranco and Matt Robert
30’s and Under Coordinators,
Nyinthun Coordinator, Bill Wooding
Werma Feast Coordinator, Nealy Zimmermann
Heruka/Dakini Feast Coordinators, Bill Wooding
LGBT Group Coordinators, Craig Sonnenberg and Alyssa Marino Medina – firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Who are we’ Coordinator, Bryan Mendiola –email@example.com
Shrine Keeping Coordinator – Open Position
Ikebana Coordinator – Open Position
Running Meditation Coordinator, Brandon Jellison
Wednesday Gatherings Continuity Directors, Shastri Carolyn Krusinski and Jon Wyman
SOCIETAL HEALTH AND WELL-BEING COMMITTEE
The Societal Health & Well-Being Directors form and lead a local committee dedicated to fostering a warm, inviting, and caring community of practitioners, thus polishing and shining the Third Jewel of Sangha. Activities of this committee include:
- Fostering greater communication and contact among community members, including focused
community building efforts.
- Ensuring there is a welcoming, hospitable environment for all who enter the Center.Developing awareness and pro-active sensitivity as regards all aspects of diversity: racial, ethnic, socio-economic, sexual orientation, age, gender, physical ability, etc.
- Making sure there are regular celebrations and social activities, including all Nyida Days (in collaboration with the Office of Culture and Decorum).
- Caring for the health and well-being of community members when illness, conflict or social difficulties arise (in collaboration with the Desung).
- Promoting responsiveness by the Center to local and global environmental and social issues.
- Ensuring that needs of families and children are completely interwoven into the fabric of community life.
Martina Bouey (Chair) – Co-Director of Societal Health and Well-being
Mary Coonan (Chair) – Co-Director of Societal Health and Well-being
Elizabeth Latchis – Representative to the Office of Culture and Decorum
Brandon Jellison – Center Desung
Bryan Mendiola – Diversity Committee Chair
Mary Lang – Care for the Aging
The Diversity Committee is committed to establishing presence, communication, and outreach that promotes increasing diversity and multiculturalism in our community in a way that is integral to our general practice as Shambhala practitioners. This includes, but is not limited to, people of varied and diverse races and ethnicity, gender identities, sexual orientations, religious affiliations, physical abilities, economic classes, ages, and educational backgrounds.
Bryan Mendiola, Chair – firstname.lastname@example.org